Hey yall,
So I apologize for falling off the side of the earth with this whole blogging thing, but that's cause October has throwing me for a loop and a half. With that said, let me catch you up my travels since I last blogged.
September 19 to 24th:
I was at Adrian College in Adrian Michigan. It was a small campus, roughly twenty-hundred students. It was so nice to be back at a small liberal art college and not a large state university. I got to the campus just in time for Bid Day or "Run Outs" as they call it. There wasn't much excitement here since it was a follow-up recruitment visit. It was my first visit not actually having to do recruitment. The break was nice, but I missed being on the go 24-7 with recruitment!
September 25th to October 1st:
I actually got to go home for a week and relax. It was so nice just to be home and not have to talk sorority 24-7. I went down to visit my chapter and see my sisters that I've missed dearly. It was great visit and I was not ready to leave home and hit the road again.
SO this is where I get thrown for a loop and half and my October has just been crazy since the 1st.
I hope no other consultant traveling has to do this or experience what I had to. When I got back to the chapter that I was working with, which happens to be my colony, I had to shut them down the first night I was back with them. It was something I never wanted to do while traveling, but I had to. It was really hard to read them the letter that we were closing them. There was a lot of tears that night.
I was suppose to be there for a week with them, but since we closed the colony I had to leave early.
They rescheduled my whole month of October. I went a week early to Mansfield University and visited with them for a week. I went to Bloomsburg University and visited with them for all of a day and a half. Now, I'm back at Virginia to visit Radford University.
My current visit here at Radford has been interesting to say the least. As I was driving from the airport to campus and I had received the word that one of the members in the Greek community had passed away. It later came out that he was a pledge for TKE and died from alcohol poisoning. It's so sad, given the situation of what happened. The Greek community has taken a hard hit. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and his brothers.
No comments:
Post a Comment