Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We're ASA. That's who we are baby!




Hot and classy
Can't walk past me
Rubies and pearls make up these girls
So step aside,
We've got that pride
You KNOW who we are! 

We're ASA!



Hey yall,

Have no fear, I didn't fall off the side of the earth. I've just been super busy or catching up on all my paper work from my last visit. So last week I had the honors of going to Williamsport, Pennsylvania to visit the ladies of Penn Colony.

The new members running home to Beta Sigma
The new ladies of Beta Sigma

Welcome to the Good Life
Beta Sigma Bid Day Banner

But before I get into my visit about Penn Colony, I have to say this... I am extremely proud of the ladies of Beta Sigma at Missouri State University. They recruited over quota and total during this formal recruitment. Quota was set at 66 and they had 2 quota additions. Total is 146 and they are now at 180! Couldn't be prouder!

Penn Colony is in the works of becoming a chapter. They have been in the process now for a year and starting on their second year this fall. Penn Colony is located on the campus of Pennsylvania College of Technology; it is a sister school to Penn State, it's their technology school. I was in shock when I got on campus. I'm not going to lie it being a technology school I was expecting nerds with suspenders, pocket protectors, and glasses with tape in the middle. Well, I was wrong and at the wrong end of the spectrum! They weren't nerds, but backwoods country boys. Let me tell you, I was pleased! Ha. They had on their tight jeans, boots, camo hat, and some sort of fishing or hurting shirt on who all drive pick up trucks. In heaven for the week while I was there.

Some of the colony members and I at Grillin' With the Greeks

So not only was the campus different than what I expected, but it is also a non traditional school. The population of the student body is 85 percent male. Makes it a little hard to recruit for a sorority. On top of the it being 85% male, students can graduate with either a 2 year or a 4 year degree. Might I also add, the majority as in 99% of the students leave and go home on the weekends. All these twist and turns!

But regardless of how non traditional Pennsylvania College of Technology is, the colony members are AMAZING! I stayed off campus with Secretary and her roommate. Her roommate was from Baltimore so we bonded on how amazing Maryland is!

Penn Colony Members and Potential New Members at
Color Wars
The amount of dedication and hard work these ladies have put into this colony from the start to now is un believe. The President, Jess, sat on the council when they decided to bring on sororities to the campus and has seen the works of getting Alpha Sigma Alpha on campus. She is driven to make this colony into a chapter. She has great ideas for the colony and has great leadership. Not only is Jess driven, but so is their Vice President of PR and Recruitment, Lyndsey. Lyndsey has the personality for her position and is eager to meet new people and share her experience of Alpha Sigma Alpha. She is to extend to Bids tonight! Hopefully the colony will have 3 new members by the end of the day and more by the time I come back in October.

Well, now after another 12 hours spent between airports and airplanes I am in Mount Pleasant, Michigan visiting the ladies of Beta Theta at Central Michigan University. And well it's chilly here and I am not prepared for the sudden change in weather. Luckily I only have another 3 weeks or so until I come home and which out clothes!



To fill my days with satisfying activity,
To find dominant beauty in art, literature, nature, and friendships,
To know the peace and serenity of a divine faith,
To love life and joyously live each day to its ultimate good -
This is my creed in Alpha Sigma Alpha

No comments:

Post a Comment