Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Preparing for Recruitment

"When your letters are in front of you, your sisters are behind you" 


Hey Yall,


So I am doing a mass update here.


Sunday, August 22nd:
On Sunday I attend Missouri State University's New Student Convocation with the ladies of Beta Sigma. All the sororities and fraternities attend the event as well, hint why I was there. The theme of the convocation was Leading in a Global Society. After the New Student Convocation we headed over to the New Student Festival which is basically a club fair. The ladies set up a table along with the rest of the sororities and fraternities and talk to potential new members and get them to sign up to go through recruitment. 
After New Student Convocation and Festival we had recruitment practice and mock recruitment with Alpha Delta Phi. I got a house tour of the house and it was pretty. I did not get to go undercover because our table was right next to theirs so...  I've come to the conclusion that all the sorority houses have painted their rooms blue, green, pink or purple or orange. From all the houses I've been to that what the color of the bedrooms are. Personally I like the ASA's color choices of blue, green, and pink because they are bright pastel colors and not dark colors like the rest of the sororities. 


Monday, August 23rd:
Monday was the first day of school here at Missouri State, so I got a break from recruitment work week, but I was slammed with meetings all day with different officers. At night we did another recruitment practice and had the guys from Sigma Phi Epsilon come over so the ladies could practices their chants and songs in front of an audience. We did a mini bumping with the guys and then we practice day 2 bumping. I got to watch their video for day 2, as well as last years video. Their video made me teary eyed. And then it hit me like a brick wall just how much Alpha Sigma Alpha means to me and it's the same as these ladies here at Beta Sigma. Then I had a learning moment:

Since traveling for Alpha Sigma Alpha I have learned that it does not matter what chapter you call home, we are all Alpha Sigs and we are sisters and when you just need a sister at the end of the day they are always there without asking; they just know how to make you smile and laugh. 


These ladies are amazing. I wish yall could see their video and hear what sisterhood means to these ladies. If you weren't already an Alpha Sig, you would want to be.  I'm going to have a hard time saying bye to them.


Wednesday, August 24th:
Once again I was in meetings all day with different officers. During last night's recruitment practice we focused on finishing up all the decorations and starting to put them up. Once they are all up tonight I will take pictures and post them. They look good so far. I'm pretty impressed with the creative and the looks of them being professional. 

Thursday, August 25th:
There is another consultant in town for Sigma Kappa Sorority and we got together to get out the of house, writing reports, and officers meetings to go grab a cup of coffee and just chit chat with a familiar face on campus. It was nice to talk to someone who is going through the same thing you are and generate ideas off of them and what not. It was nice to get away for a little bit.  We took a picture in front of the campus's statue of the bear! 

Meg (Sigma Kappa Consultant) and I 
While I was walking across campus today, I had several Alpha Sigma Alphas yell my name. It felt like I was back in school on VWC's campus and hearing my own sisters yell my name across campus. I am really going to have a hard time saying good bye to these girls now.  Why are good byes so hard? And who would have thought you would get so close to people within a week or two weeks after just meeting them? I guess it's our strong common bond of being Alpha Sigma Alpha sisters. 

Well, that is all for now.

To fill my days with satisfying activity,
To find dominant beauty in art, literature, nature, and friendships,
To know the peace and serenity of a divine faith,
To love life and joyously live each day to its ultimate good -
This is my creed in Alpha Sigma Alpha

No comments:

Post a Comment