"Sisterhood is not a destination, but a journey."
Hey Yall!
Right now I am in Springfield, Missouri at Missouri State University. Tomorrow, Sunday August 22nd, I will have been here a week. I am visiting the Beta Sigma chapter of Alpha Sigma Alpha, which has 115 members. My visit with the ladies of Beta Sigma is two weeks long and I can tell you that the first week flew right by. When you are working hard on recruitment you don't even realize that it's already Saturday. Thursday was our longest day, I put over 18 hours in that day. But I learned from Eta Eta during their work week when you put in long hours you have amazing pay offs in the end!
Yesterday we did a mock recruitment with Sigma Kappa. We practiced day one with them at their house, so I got a free house tour. I pretend that I was a collegiate member of the Alpha Sigma Alpha chapter here. I also changed my name to Lisa. My cover was almost blown when they started asking detailed questions about the Alpha Sigma Alpha chapter here and when they asked the name of the apartment complex I live in off campus. Luckily one of the other ASAs saved me on it. After we finished practicing day one at their house, they came over to the Alpha Sigma Alpha house so we could practice day one. Our practice went every well, no huge problems. Just minor details that can be fixed in a blink of an eye. Overall our mock recruitment was amazing. We have another one tomorrow night with Alpha Delta Pi to practice day two, where I will go "undercover" again. This time my name will be Betty!
I wish I got to go through a huge formal recruitment like the one here at Missouri State University. Greek life here on campus is HUGE!
There are 6 sororities:
- Alpha Chi Omega
- Alpha Delta Pi
- Alpha Sigma Alpha
- Delta Zeta
- Gamma Pi Beta
- Sigma Kappa
- Alpha Gamma Sigma
- Alpha Kappa Lambda
- Delta Chi
- FIJI
- Kappa Alpha
- Kappa Sigma
- Omega Delta Phi
- Phi Delta Theta
- Phi Gamma Delta
- Pi Kappa Phi
- Sigma Nu
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Tau Kappa Epsilon
- Theta Chi
Today I get to go "Bear Bash!" I'm excited. I have no idea what it is, but I heard it's a lot of fun. I hear there will be a surprise Flash Mob dance! Stoked for that.
That is all for now!
To fill my days with satisfying activity,
To find dominant beauty in art, literature, nature, and friendships,
To know the peace and serenity of a divine faith,
To love life and joyously live each day to its ultimate good-
This is my Creed in Alpha Sigma Alpha

No comments:
Post a Comment